Potatoes Au Gratin
Baked thinly sliced potatoes with buttered bread crumbs and cheese.Based on a recipe from The Good Housekeeping Illustrated Cookbook, Zoe Coulson, Hearst Books, New York, 1980.
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons salted butter or margarine
- 5 medium potatoes about 6 cups, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese 1 cup
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In 12" by 8" baking pan in oven, melt butter. Remove from oven. Add potatoes and toss. Arrange potatoes in even layer.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs. Cover with foil. Bake 20 minutes; uncover and bake 15 minutes more or until potatoes are tender.