Pork Chops with Vegetables in a Savory Sauce
The pork chops in this recipe are baked with vegetables in a savory sauce that includes mustard and Worcestershire sauce.Based on a recipe from Betty Crocker's Cookbook, Golden Press, NY, 1983.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 6 pork chops center cut, boneless, trimmed of fat
- 1 cup carrots 1/4" diced, approximately 3 medium carrots
- 1 cup celery 1/4" diced, approximately 2 stalks
- 1/2 cup onion 1/4" diced
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 1/2 cups canned tomato sauce
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 5 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Add oil to large skillet. Over high heat, brown pork chops on both sides for about 4-5 minutes altogether. Remove pork chops to platter.
- Lower heat to medium-high. Add carrots, celery, and onion; saute until just tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle sauted vegetables in shallow 2 quart casserole. Arrange browned chops on top. Blend together remaining ingredients, except parsley. Pour mixture over chops; cover. Bake for 25 minutes remove cover. Bake 15 minutes longer. Sprinkle with copped parsley.
Pairs well with potatoes and a steamed green vegetable.