Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
A delicious, moist cake spiced with cinnamon that pairs nicely with the cream cheese frosting. Makes a tube cake, layer cake, or 24 cupcakes.
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/8 cups canned pureed pumpkin
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F. Grease and flour a tube pan, 2 - 9 inch cake pans, or line 2 muffin tins for 24 cupcakes with paper liners.
- Add oil, eggs, and sugar to large bowl of stand mixer; mix until uniformly combined.
- In small bowl, sift together cinnamon, baking soda, flour, and salt. Add to large bowl and stir to combine. Add pumpkin; beat until uniformly mixed. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 55 - 60 minutes for tube pan, less for a layer cake, and approximately 20 minutes for cupcakes. A toothpick inserted in center should come out clean.
- When done, allow to cool 5 minutes before turning cake onto cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- In large bowl of stand mixer, beat together cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Add only enough sugar until frosting is a good spreading consistency.