Baby Spinach and Strawberry Salad
This is an easy and excellent salad with an orange-raspberry vinaigrette.Based on a recipe from Raising the Salad Bar, Catherine Walthers, Lake Isle Press, NY, 2007, p 36.
Servings: 4 servings
- 6 - 8 cups baby spinach or arugula
- 3 inches daikon radish or jicama peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 oranges peeled and sectioned
- 10 - 12 strawberries hulled and sliced
Orange-Raspberry Vinaigrette - 15 min prep
- 3 tablespoons raspberry, Moscatel or light vinegar
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon coarse-ground Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons finely minced shallots
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- In a serving bowl, combine salad greens and radish with vinaigrette. Add orange sections and sliced strawberries, drizzle with a little more vinaigrette and serve immediately.