Marches Style Lamb Stew
Small pieces of lamb in a savory wine and tomato based sauce. Serve over papparadelle. This is a nice dish that can be made in advance and reheated to serve.This recipe is simple and straightforward to make if the lamb is trimmed and cubed in advance. Add extra time if it is not.Based on a recipe from 5 Star Sensations, John Horn, 1991, The Auxiliary of University Hospitals of Cleveland
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 pounds lamb stew meat trimmed of excess fat and 1" cubed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 14 1/2 ounce canned diced unsalted tomatoes with juices
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- papparadelle pasta
- Heat oil in large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. In 2 batches saute lamb to brown, about 5 minutes. Remove meat to bowl.
- To skillet add garlic and saute until softened, about 1 minute. Add rosemary and saute about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Return lamb and juices to skillet. Add tomatoes and wine; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over papparadelle.