Potatoes with Rosemary
An easy recipe for cooking potatoes on a stove-top.Based on a recipe by Florence Fabricant, The New York Times.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 ½ pounds small white or red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or water
- Cut potatoes to uniform chunks of about 1 1/4". Place in microwave dish, add small amount of water, cover and cook 5 min.
- Drain. To microwave dish add olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper; toss to uniformly coat.
- Place in a single layer in a cast iron or non-stick skillet. Place skillet over medium-high heat for five minutes, turning potatoes once. Potatoes should be nicely browned. Add wine or water to pan, cover, reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes, until tender when tested with sharp knife. Turn potatoes once or twice as they cook.
Pairs well with Tuscan Chicken.