- 2 cups heavy, whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chill mixing bowl and beater in refrigerator.
- Add cream to mixing bowl, beat on medium-high setting until peaks hold shape. Over-beating will cause cream to collapse. Fold in sugar and vanilla extract. Use immediately.
The key here is to make sure cream, bowl, and beater are cold before beginning. Do not make too far in advance, as cream will begin to collapse. If using as a cake frosting, frost cake shortly before serving.