Based on a recipe from DK Children's Cookbook, Katharine Ibbs, 2004, DK Publishing, New York, NY, p 54.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger about 1 inch, peeled and grated
- 3-4 dashes Tobasco sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 3/4 pound skinless and boneless chicken breasts cut into strips approximately 3/4" x 3 1/2"
- 1 yellow pepper sliced lengthwise om 1/2" wide strips
- 1 red pepper sliced lengthwise om 1/2" wide strips
- 1 cup snow peas trimmed and strings removed
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- In medium bowl, combine oil, honey, ginger, hot sauce, and salt. Add chicken and stir to completely coat.
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium/high. Add chicken and fry until golden. Add peppers, snow peas, and lime juice to chicken; cook 4-5 minutes on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Remove from heat.
- Warm tortillas by microwaving for a few seconds. In middle of the top half of a tortilla, arrange chicken and vegetables so they line straight up. Fold bottom half of tortilla up to cover, and then fold each side in to wrap. Serve immediately.