Mexican Pulled Chicken Tacos
Tender and flavorful chicken that is slow-cooked. Nice for a winter gathering.
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced into large rings
- 1 large onion cut into 1/8" thick rings
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves trimmed of fat
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs trimmed of fat
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 7 ounces Goya chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce
To Serve (Suggestions)
- flour tortillas
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- Monterey Jack cheese grated
- diced fresh tomatoes or salsa
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Spray an oblong, deep baking pan or dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place peppers and onions on bottom. Place chicken on top.
- Combine remaining ingredients in medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour mixture over chicken in baking pan. Cover with parchment paper and then foil. The parchment will prevent the aluminum foil from reacting with the sauce. Bake in oven for 3 hours.
- Remove chicken to cutting board and shred using two forks. Place sauce in pan; over medium heat reduce until it thickens. Add additional Tabasco sauce, if desired. Combine sauce and pulled chicken to serve.