Apple, Pomegranate Salad with Apple Cider-Honey Vinaigrette
This is a quick salad to put together if you purchase ready-to-use pomegranate seeds and a prewashed salad mix. This recipe can be assembled as one large salad or on individual plates.Based on a recipe from Raising the Salad Bar, Catherine Walthers, Lake Isle Press, NY, 2007, p 191.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 1/2 crisp apple Honey Crisp apples are good
- fresh lemon juice
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens or arugula
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- goat cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pinches salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake nuts in single layer on baking sheet about 7 - 8 minutes, until golden and fragrant.
- In small mixing bowl, whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients.
- Leaving skin on apple, quarter, core, and thinly slice half of the apple. In small bowl, toss apple slices with about 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Just before serving, toss together salad greens and apples with enough vinaigrette to coat leaves. If making individual salads, divide among plates. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, sliced almonds and goat cheese.