Based on a recipe by FunkySeaMonkey on allrecipes.com
Servings: 2 pounds
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup almonds finely chopped
- In large, heavy bottomed saucepan, add butter, sugar, and salt. Turn heat on medium and stir until butter is melted. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is dark amber and temperature reaches 285 °F.
- While toffee is cooking, line large baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment.
- As soon as toffee reaches temperature, pour onto lined baking sheet. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top, allow to soften for 1 - 2 minutes, then spread to even layer. Sprinkle nuts over chocolate, press in slightly, using wax paper or plastic to protect hand.
- Place in refrigerator to chill until set. Break into pieces and store in airtight container.