Based on a recipe from the minimalistbaker.com
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 cup pitted dates heaping cup, packed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar or honey
- 1/4 cup creamy salted natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted almonds roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- chocolate chips
- dried fruit
- banana chips
- Add dates to work bowl of food processor. Process until dough-like consistency and small bits remain.
- In 350°F oven, toast oats 10 - 15 minutes, until slightly golden.
- In large mixing bowl, add processed dates, toasted oats, and almonds.
- In small saucepan, over low heat, warm maple syrup (or agave or honey) and peanut butter. Pour over mixture in bowl. Mix until ingredients are evenly dispersed.
- Line 8 x 8 inch baking pan with plastic wrap or parchment so it overhangs sides.
- Transfer granola mixture to lined pan. Cover with sheet of wax paper and press down with hand to form uniform and even layer.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 15 - 20 minutes until firm.
- Transfer bars from pan to cutting board; cut into 10 bars. Store in airtight container.