Quinoa Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
This is a nice, light salad that is good for summer meals and pairs well with just about everything, especially fish and chicken.From Raising the Salad Bar, Catherine Walthers, Lake Isle Press, NY, 2007, p 203.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 2 cups watercress roughly chopped, about 1 bunch
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 large carrot peeled and grated
- 5 radishes cut into matchsticks or grated to thin slices
- 1 roasted red bell pepper diced 1/2"
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- To a 1 1/2 quart saucepan, add quinoa and 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer on low until water is absorbed, 13 - 15 minutes. Turn off heat and let quinoa sit 5 more minutes. Set aside to completely cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare vegetables and add to large serving bowl. When quinoa is cool, combine with salad.
- To make dressing, whisk together all ingredients in small bowl. Just before serving add vinaigrette to salad and toss to combine.