Green Bean and New Potato Salad
Green beans and small new potatoes in a basic vinaigrette. Served room temperature or cold this is perfect for summer meals and pairs well with fish or grilled meat.Begin at least a few hours ahead to allow time to cool before serving.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds small new potatoes leave skins on
- 12 ounces haricots verts green beans
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- In 3-quart saucepan add potatoes and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer until tender, approximately 15 minutes. Drain and rinse with cool water. Place in large serving bowl.
- Meanwhile in 2-quart saucepan add green beans and about an inch of water. Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer until just tender, approximately 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cool water. Add to serving bowl. Set aside to cool to room temperature or place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To make vinaigrette, whisk together all ingredients in small bowl. Just before serving toss potatoes and green beans with vinaigrette.