Rhubarb Pork Roast
The pork is basted with some rhubarb sauce while roasting. The sweet and tart rhubarb sauce compliments the savoriness of the roasted meat. Nice for a spring meal when rhubarb is plentiful.
Servings: 12 servings
- 3 1/2 pounds shoulder or pork loin roast
- 6 whole cloves garlic slivered
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups rhubarb 1/4" sliced
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 9 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 350° F. Line roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Cut 8 to 10 slits in surface of pork and insert slivers of garlic. Rub surface of roast with rosemary. Place in roasting pan. Roast for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 1 1/2-quart saucepan combine rhubarb sauce ingredient. Cover, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Spoon about 1/3 rhubarb sauce over pork. Continue to roast, basting occasionally, until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 F, about 40 - 45 minutes. Let roast rest for 3 minutes before slicing. Slice thin and serve with additional rhubarb sauce.
Pairs well with steamed asparagus or green beans and roasted potatoes.