Easy. Potatoes can be baked alongside meat that is roasting in the oven.
- baking potatoes Russets work well
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash potatoes well and remove any eyes. Cut an "X" on the top of each potato, to prevent them from exploding in oven.
- Place directly on rack in oven. Bake for approximately 45 minutes. When squeezed gently, using a potholder to protect hands, potatoes will feel soft.
- Potatoes usually cook along side meat or another dish in oven, so oven temperature, and therefore cooking times, will vary.
- Serve hot. Toppings can include butter, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese.
Using a microwave works fine but won't result in crispy potato skins.