Spinach Salad with Radicchio, Mango and Lime - Dijon Vinaigrette
A nice combination of contrasting flavors.Based on a recipe from Cook's Illustrated, July & August 2010.
Servings: 6 servings
- 6 ounces baby spinach about 6 cups
- 1 1/2 cups radicchio sliced very thin
- 1 mango peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces, approximately 2 cups
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 7 teaspoons lime juice from approximately 2 - 3 limes
- 1 tablespoon very finely minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 4 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place spinach, radicchio, mango and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Add all vinaigrette ingredients to blender. Blend until it doesn't separate quickly.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Pairs well with grilled fish or chicken, black bean corn salad, and black bean soup. A time saving tip is to use defrosted frozen mango. Dole sells cubed frozen mango in 1 cup individual packages.