Baby Bok Choy Stir-Fry
Flavored with garlic, ginger, sesame oil and a bit of heat from red pepper.Pairs well with basically prepared meat or fish, like roasted or grilled poultry, grilled or broiled fish.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root peeled and minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- 4 bunches baby bok choy approximately 1 1/2 pounds cleaned with the ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock
- sesame seeds for garnish optional
- In a large saute pan with lid, heat oil over medium-high heat until it starts to shimmer. Add garlic, ginger and red-pepper flakes and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 45 seconds.
- Add bok choy; stir to cover with oil, then cook approximately 2 minutes. Add soy sauce and stock; cover and cook approximately 2 minutes more.
- Uncover, continue to cook until liquid is almost entirely evaporated and stalks are tender, approximately 3 minutes more.
- Remove to a warmed platter. If desired, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
If bok choy seems a bit tough, try to strip away tough stringy fibers before cooking.