Soft chewy cookies with a lemon glaze.Based on a recipe by Nikki www.chef-in-training.com
Servings: 30 cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest from 1 1/2 - 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice plus more if needed
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest from 1 1/2 - 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Arrange oven racks to divide in thirds. Preheat to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
- In large bowl of stand mixer, cream butter and sugar. Add egg; beat well to combine. Add lemon juice and zest and vanilla; mix until incorporated.
- Add salt, baking powder, and flour; mix until dough is uniformly mixed.
- Use teaspoon to form 1 inch balls; place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake 8 - 10 minutes, until edges are lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, using small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Whisk until smooth, adding additional lemon juice, until it is a spreadable consistency.
- When cookies are done, allow cookies to cool 1 - 2 minutes before removing to a cooking rack. While still hot, spread each cookie with glaze. Allow to cool completely before serving.