Peanut Butter Cookies
The classic peanut butter cookie.
Servings: 52 cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup peanut butter at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- Arrange racks to divide oven in thirds. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Using large bowl of stand-mixer combine sugars, shortening, margarine, peanut butter, and eggs. Stir in baking soda, baking powder, and flour.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls and place about 3 inches apart on un-greased cookie sheet. Use a large fork dipped in flour to flatten and form a crosshatch pattern on each.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies begin to brown slightly on edges. Cool pans slightly before removing cookies to cooking rack. Store in air-tight container. Extra cookies may be frozen in a plastic bag.