Banana Nut Muffins
Servings: 18 muffins
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced bananas approximately 3 - 4
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Arrange oven racks to divide oven in thirds. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease muffin pan or line with paper cups for 18 muffins.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl of stand mixer add vanilla, canola oil, brown sugar, and eggs. Beat to combine.
- Beat in half of reserved dry ingredients, then 1/2 cup yogurt. Then beat in half of remaining dry ingredients, followed by 1/2 cup yogurt. Then remaining dry ingredients followed by remaining 1/2 cup yogurt. Fold in bananas and walnuts.
- Distribute batter evenly among 18 muffin cups. They should be nearly full. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool 5 minutes in pan, then remove to cooling rack. Any leftover muffins may be frozen. Microwave individual frozen muffins 30 seconds to reheat.
Try filling muffin cups higher to get larger muffins.