Granola Chocolate Chip Cookies
Based on a recipe from The Good Housekeeping Illustrated Cookbook, Zoe Coulson, Hearst Books, New York, 1980, p 406.
- 1.75 cups regular granola (a granola without dried fruits)
- 1.5 cups unbleached flour
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips 6 ounces
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts coarsely chopped
- Arrange racks to divide oven in thirds. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease cookie sheets.
- In bowl of stand mixer, add all ingredients except chocolate chips and peanuts. Beat on low setting until blended; increase speed to medium and continue beating 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl as necessary. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts until combined.
- Place teaspoonfuls of dough on cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes until lightly browned on edges.
- Use metal spatula to remove cookies to wire rack. Cool completely before storing. Will store in sealed container for about 1 week.