Herbed New Potato Salad
This easy recipe is best served when the potatoes are still warm.From Raising the Salad Bar, Catherine Walthers, Lake Isle Press, NY, 2007, p 143.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 pounds new potatoes, such as fingerling, red, or purple
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Fill a 6-quart pot with cold water, add potatoes, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cook, uncovered, 10 - 15 minutes, depending on size of potatoes, until tender when pierced with knife. Drain in colander. Allow to cool until they can be handled, about 5 minutes.
- Make vinaigrette by whisking together cider vinegar, olive oil, and mustard in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste, then whisk in chopped herbs.
- Slice potatoes in half and place in serving bowl. Gently toss with vinaigrette before serving.
1 pound of potatoes is sufficient for 4 people when served as a side dish.