Pear - Gorgonzola Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
An easy salad with a great combination of flavors. Perfect for special meals in the autumn or winter yet easy enough for a weeknight.
Servings: 8 servings
- 8 cups mixed salad greens with radicchio and/or red leaf lettuce torn in bite sized pieces
- 1 ripe Bosc pear cored and sliced lengthwise and again in half for bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
Chinese Fried Walnuts
- If preparing in advance of serving, toss pear slices with a bit of lemon juice to avoid browning.
- In a salad bowl, toss together salad greens, pear salad, and Gorgonzola cheese. Just before serving, add only enough dressing to lightly coat leaves and toss. Sprinkle with Chinese Fried Walnuts or pass separately.
Crumbled blue cheese may be substituted for Gorgonzola.