Mixed Green Salad with Grapes and Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette
An interesting combination of peppery greens with red grapes and a Dijon balsamic vinaigrette.Based on a recipe from 5 Star Sensations, Douglas Katz, 1991, The Auxiliary of University Hospitals of Cleveland, p 90.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1/3 head radicchio wash, dry, slice leaves about 1/4" wide
- 1/3 head romaine lettuce wash, dry, tear to bite size
- 1/3 bunch watercress wash, dry, tough stems removed, bite size
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula wash, dry
- 1 cup red seedless grapes sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- In a large salad bowl, toss together all salad ingredients.
- In a 2 cup measuring cup or bowl, add all dressing ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- Just before serving, whisk dressing, add desired amount to salad greens and toss.
Dressing makes enough for a triple batch of salad. Salad can easily be scaled up or down. If preparing ahead, add vinaigrette just before serving.