Pesto, Tomato, Mozzarella Sandwich & Variations
Servings: 4 sandwiches
- Italian or French bread, ciabatta, or rolls for 4 sandwiches
- 6 tablespoons Pesto - Basil, Pine Nut
- 3/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 large fresh garden tomato sliced 1/4" thick
- Cut bread horizontally lengthwise. Open and spread with pesto. Add a layer of cheese and then a layer of tomato.
Roasted Red Pepper, Baby Arugula Panini Variation
- Substitute roasted red peppers for the tomato. If using roasted red peppers from a jar, rinse well and pat dry with paper towels before using. Add arugula.
Boneless chicken breast can also be added. 2 roasted red peppers can be substituted for the tomato. If using roasted red peppers from a jar, rinse well and pat dry with paper towels before using. Baby arugula can also be added. Also works well as a panini. Alternatively, can be cooked grill cheese style in a skillet. For this option, use sliced bread and brush the outside of each slice with some olive oil.