Pasta with Pesto and Shrimp or Scallops
An easy combination of classic pesto (basil, pine nuts, garlic, and Parmesan cheese) and shrimp stirred into pasta.
- 1 pound penne pasta or small tubular shaped pasta works best
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 lemon juice of
- 1 pound bay scallops or raw peeled medium shrimp
- 3/4 cup Pesto - Basil, Pine Nut
- In a 6 quart pot prepare the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, in a separate medium-sized saucepan add the wine and lemon juice and bring to a simmer. When there is about 5 minutes remaining cooking time for the pasta, add the shellfish to the wine and lemon juice. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the shellfish is barely cooked, 3 - 5 minutes. Drain immediately, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Once the pasta has been drained, add the pesto to the pot, pour the pasta back in and stir until the pesto evenly coats the pasta. Add the shellfish and stir until combined. If a thinner sauce consistency is desired, add a little of the reserved cooking liquid from the shellfish and stir. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve cold.
Steamed vegetables go well with this .