A nice alternative to traditional cocktail sauce. To be served with Seafood Salad.Based on a recipe from The Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook, Julee Rosso & Sheila Lukins, 1985, Workman Publishing, NY.
Servings: 8 servings
- 6 tablespoons prepared horseradish rinsed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1.5 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared whole-grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons Granny Smith apple peel on, grated medium
- 3 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- Begin at least several hours in advance so the flavors have time to blend. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl until uniformly blended.
Can be made a day in advance. The apple will not brown.