Zucchini - Tomato Medley
A faster alternative to Ratatouille that pairs well with grilled meats or fish.Based on a recipe from 5 Star Sensations, Sharon Keys, 1991, The Auxiliary of University Hospitals of Cleveland, p 110.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium unpeeled zucchini sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 large tomatoes peeled and cut into small wedges
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over low heat. Add zucchini, onion, basil and garlic, stirring to blend. Increase heat to medium and cook until zucchini is tender, approximately 10 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Simmer 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.