Grilled Marinated Swordfish with Vegetable Topping
The swordfish is marinated in a teriyaki and sherry marinade. The mushroom and pepper vegetable combination is sauted separately.Based on a recipe from 5 Star Sensations, Mary Rydzel, 1991, The Auxiliary of University Hospitals of Cleveland, p 136.
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 swordfish steaks 8 ounces each
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dry sherry chopped
- 2 scallions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 green pepper 1/4" sliced
- 1 small onion sliced
- 7 mushrooms sliced
- 1 roasted red pepper rinse and pat dry if using roasted peppers in a jar, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a ceramic dish or pie plate, mix marinade ingredients and add swordfish. Marinate for a minimum of 1 hour. Turn fish frequently, basting with marinade.
- Preheat grill. Grill fish over high heat, 5 - 6 minutes each side.
- While fish is grilling, in medium pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute garlic, green pepper, and onion until soft, approximately 7 minutes. Add fresh mushrooms and continue cooking, approximately 5 minutes. Add red pepper and sherry and cook through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, arrange fish on platter and top with vegetables.