Beef Kabobs - Grilled
The beef is marinated in a savory marinade for four hours. For a nice summer gathering pair with a tossed salad and roasted potatoes.
Servings: 4 servings
- wooden skewers
- 1 pound thick sirloin steak
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 red bell peppers seeded with pith removed, cut into 1 1/2 inch squares
- 2 zucchini smaller zucchini slice 1/2" thick, larger cube 1 12"
- 8 ounces white mushrooms whole, cleaned, with stems trimmed
- Soak skewers in water.
- Trim fat from beef and cut into 1 1/2 - 2" cubes.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a ceramic dish. Add meat, stirring to evenly coat. Marinate in refrigerator approximately 4 hours.
- About a half-hour in advance, prepare grill. Place cut red peppers in a microwave dish with a small amount of water. Cover and microwave about 4 minutes to par boil, they should not be fully cooked..
- Alternate vegetables, mushrooms, and meat on skewers. Discard marinade.
- Grill over medium heat, 3 - 4 minutes per side. Turn 1/4 turn at a time.