Brandied Apples and Pears with Ice Cream
From Cooking Light, October 1996, p 134.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 peeled Bosc pears cored and quartered
- 2 peeled Golden Delicious apples cored and quartered
- 2 peeled Rome apples cored and quartered
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons Calvados apple brandy
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy saucepan; cook over low heat 30 minutes or until fruit is soft, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon 1/2 cup into serving dish while still warm and top with a spoonful of ice cream.