This recipe is similar to Apple Cake.Based on a recipe from 5 Star Sensations, Edna Burkle, Hazel Jennings, Nancy Shenker, 1991, The Auxiliary of University Hospitals of Cleveland.
Servings: 2 loaves
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 20 oz unsweetened frozen strawberries thawed and drained
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans or other nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and lightly flour two 9x5x3 inch loaf pans.
- Beat eggs lightly. Add oil and strawberries and mix well.
- Sift flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda into a large bowl. Add egg and strawberry mixture, blending until dry ingredients are just moistened. Stir in nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing, then turn out on wire rack and cool completely.