Grilled Turkey Tenderloin with Brown Sugar - Mustard Sauce
This is an easy recipe that results in a moist, flavorful meat that works well for a meal or sliced thin for sandwiches.Based on a recipe found online afarmgirlsdabbles.com "Grilled Turkey Tenderloin with Brown Sugar and Whole Grain Mustard", Brenda, Nov. 6, 2017.
- 2 pounds turkey tenderloins
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic about 1 small clove
- In a small bowl, add sauce ingredients and stir until uniformly mixed.
- Place tenderloins in a shallow dish. Coat evenly with sauce. Cover and refrigerate one hour.
- Using a gas grill, place the disposable aluminum pans each filled with 1 1/2 cups water directly on 1 burner of gas grill (opposite primary burner). Turn all burners to high, cover, and heat grill until hot, about 15 minutes. Turn primary burner to medium-high and turn off other burner(s). Adjust primary burner as needed to maintain grill temperature of 325 - 350 degrees.
- Clean and oil cooking grate. Place turkey on grill; sear 2 minutes then turn over and sear 2 minutes on second side. Move turkey to cooler part and brush both sides with sauce. Arrange turkey with thickest portion closest to fire and thinner ends farthest away. Turn burner 1 off and turn burner 2 to adjust temperature to 300°F. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Brush both sides additional sauce and continue to cook, covered, until center of thickest portion of tenderloins register 160 degrees , 20 - 30 minutes longer. Total cooking time is approximately 40 minutes.
- Remove tenderloins to a cutting board. Allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing. Serve hot or cold for a summer meal or for sandwiches.
Optional spices to add to the glaze include 1/2 teaspoon cumin and 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika.