Green Bean and Radicchio Salad
From Raising the Salad Bar, Catherine Walthers, Lake Isle Press, NY, 2007, p 229.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 pound small tender green beans, like haricots verts trimmed
- 1 cup thinly sliced radicchio
- 1/3 cup walnuts toasted and roughly chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic finely minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Use steamer to cook green beans until tender crisp, about 4 -5 minutes. Cool under cold water. Drain, pat dry with towel.
- To remove bitterness from radicchio, add cold water to the bowl of salad spinner, place radicchio in basket and immerse for 10 minutes. Drain water, spin dry.
- In serving bowl, combine beans and radicchio.
- In small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; whisk together.
- Just before serving, add dressing to salad and toss. Sprinkle top with toasted walnuts and goat cheese and serve.