Skewered Grilled Seafood
A basic, easy recipe that makes for a nice summer meal.Based on a recipe by Camille LaBarre, Five Star Sensations, Compiled and Edited by The Auxiliary of University Hospitals of Cleveland, 1991, p 136.
- 10 bamboo skewers soaked in water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound swordfish cut into large cubes, about 1 1/2"
- 1 pound large shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1 1/2 pounds tuna cut into large cubes, about 1 1/2"
- Early in day, soak skewers in water.
- In shallow baking dish combine marinade ingredients.
- Alternate seafood on skewers. Place in marinade, turning to coat. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Grill about 3 minutes each side.
Be mindful that each type of fish may need a different cooking time, especially if pieces vary in size. In certain cases it might be best to cook each type of fish on a separate skewer. Brown rice and grilled vegetables pair well.