Fine Herbs Vinaigrette
This vinaigrette works well on green salads, cucumbers, sliced tomatoes, and cold steamed vegetables like artichokes and asparagus.Based on a recipe from The New York Times Cookbook, Craig Claiborne.
Servings: 3 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups canola oil
- 3/4 cup tarragon vinegar or white wine vinegar and 1/4 tsp dried tarragon if tarragon vinegar is not available
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and split
- Use a one liter bottle or jar with a top that seals well. Add all ingredients; shake well. Best when allowed to stand for several hours for flavors to meld. Discard garlic before using.