Servings: 12 waffles
- 3 large eggs separated
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- maple syrup warmed
- ice cream
- confectioner's sugar
- Preheat waffle iron. Set a serving platter in oven and heat to about 175 degrees F.
- Beat egg whites until they hold a soft peak and set aside.
- Use mixer to combine remaining ingredients. Use whisk to fold in beaten egg whites just until combined.
- Cook waffles according to waffle iron directions. Serve immediately or place on serving platter in oven until ready to serve.
- Freeze leftover waffles between sheets of wax paper. To reheat, microwave to partially defrost and then toast lightly.