Rice Crispy Treats
Inspired by the classic recipe; light, crispy, and sweet.
- canola oil spray
- 6 cups miniature marshmallows 10 1/2 ounce package
- 1/4 cup unsalted margarine
- 8 cups crispy rice cereal
- Spray a 9 x 12 inch non-stick baking pan with canola oil.
- Spray a large, 4 quart, microwavable dish (with lid) and a rubber spatula with canola oil.
- Add miniature marshmallows and margarine to microwave dish. Cover with lid; microwave until completely melted, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add crispy rice cereal. Stir with greased spatula until marshmallow mixture evenly coats cereal. Turn into baking pan and press with spatula to evenly distribute. Allow to cool before cutting into squares.