Steamed spinach with a bit of olive oil, garlic, and Parmesan.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound spinach leaves well washed, trimmed of tough stems, roughly chopped if leaves are large
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese coarsely grated
- Fill a 6 quart pot half way with hot water and bring to a boil. Add spinach so it is completely immersed in water and parboil thirty seconds. Drain well in a colander, squeezing out excess water with the back of a spoon.
- Return empty pot to stove and set temperature to medium-low. Add olive oil; when hot, add garlic and saute until golden. Remove from heat. Return spinach to the pot and stir to incorporate oil and garlic.
- Transfer spinach to baking dish about the size of a 9" pie plate. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Just before serving, broil in the oven for 1 - 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.